May 5, 2012

Dieting - All in our minds

I have been adviced time and again to take control of my life and loose weight. It's true i do need it, i know. I have been needing to do it since i don't know when. And i have done a few things too with regard to my weight. It's not that i have just been sitting and doing nothing. I have tried often, sometimes i've been successful but not for long. I have tried medicines, dieting, taking food supplements, various exercise programs like yoga, going to the gym and what not. However, here i am still at the same place. None of the diet programs and plans that have done wonders for others have done anything whatsoever for me.

Just this week, i started with something new at the suggestion of my dear mother. I have started drinking green tea. I try to drink 2 cups a day, and i have also started eating raw aloevera, which i will, if i can go according to plan, eat every 2nd day, just before going to bed. And instead of drinking proper tea with milk and sugar, i have started drinking tea without milk and sugar. I used to drink at least 4 cups of proper tea everyday. So i do believe that this change will make a difference for me. My new plan for my health may not be much. It may not even make too much of a difference but i sincerely believe it will make some difference.

Why am i writing about all this? This might not be of interest to others, especially the men. Well, what i really want to point out is that dieting and all these are all in our minds. These things work when we really really really need it. We need to have the drive, the inspiration and its only then do we actually get down to it. So i don't think that we should just advice or tell anyone to go on a diet or take exercise, just because they need it so. If we truly feel that they should, we should try and create an environment for them to truly want to do it. The great need to loose weight has to be embedded in our minds accompanied by the desire to do so. And we also need to know again and again and again, the benefits of loosing weight like looking more beautiful (which is always most important for women), better health etc ( although all fat people have known these since a long time).  All these will result to dieting, as dieting is all in our minds, as is everything else.
 
Janet Lalmawipuii Ralte

1 comment: