May 2, 2012

DILEMMA OVER MY TRANSFER

On January 18, 2012 unexpectedly, something that i had long hoped for and dreamed about became a reality. I received my transfer order which was to enable me to live in my home town. Apart from the fact that i longed to be in my home town to be close to my relatives, it in fact was a necessity for me and my husband, as my mother-in-law is 82 years old and we, the only ones taking care of her were stationed outside of our home town. We were always worried about her as she isn't in her best of health and was too old to take care of herself. You can imagine the happiness i felt when i received my transfer order.

However, my joy soon turned into something very disturbing. My order clearly stated that a new recruit was to take my place, but my superior refused to acknowledge that, as my partner in my subject had just been released to be transferred to another place without any replacement. Its possible that my replacement wasn't actually a replacement for me and was actually a replacement for my partner, but i could not help but rely on my transfer order which clearly stated that the new recruit was my replacement. I approached my superior and although she tried to be very polite and happy for me, she denied me a release order because according to her, i had no replacement. And it seems she had informed the MLA about the situation and as is expected of an MLA, he ordered that my release be stayed until the elections were over. My order stated that i was to join my new place of posting within a month. And a month was to expire before the elections!

How troubled i was i cannot explain! I felt my hopes taking a dive into the sea of hopelessness. I was powerless and helpless to do anything. I spoke with many of my friends and relatives who gave me very encouraging and logical suggestions to get released and join into my new place of posting. And i will ever be grateful to all of them for being a support during that painful period of our time. We were deeply hurt but we knew that the Lord did not allow us to hate anyone or go against anyone in the process and that all these trials were for us to be sure that He alone could do wonders for us. My husband and I prayed endlessly to the Lord. I would have given up if it weren't for the hope that I had in the Lord who could do anything. And finally one morning I got a call from my superior who said that she was to give me a release order 5 days before the order period was over. I thank the Lord for that very moment of excitement and mixed emotions. And here I am today in my new place of posting happy that I am close to my loved ones.

I have to make a special mention to a special relative ( I am not sure if he would like his name mentioned here so i am going to keep it a secret for now) who has made this all possible for us. If it weren't for him i know i would not be here in my home town. May the Lord bless him and his family abundantly, both physically and spiritually. I will forever be grateful to him for all the time and energy that he spent for my transfer to be possible.

I had mixed opinions about posting this short period of my dilemma regarding my transfer. I hesitated for a long time fearing that my posting this might mean that i was on a rampage to hurt others who hurt me. However, i have convinced myself that i need to post it and keep it, as this blog is all about me, my experiences and emotions and what not. And with the kind of memory that i have, one never knows i might forget I am indebted to the Lord and a few very good people, esp. that special relative for making a hope and dream a reality for me.

Keep your trust in the Lord for He alone can do anything for you!


Janet Lalmawipuii Ralte

No comments:

Post a Comment